Your health and total wellness, our top priority.

REGENERATIVE MEDICINE (a.k.a. STEM CELL THERAPY)

Learn more about this miracle!

From the young model to the aging retiree, from the elite athlete to the weekend warrior, clinicians continue to search for ways to control pain and accelerate the healing process.

Dawning on the horizon of medical advancements, new ground breaking therapies hold the healing potential whose benefits have the power to span disciplines as diverse as hair restoration and orthopedics. These therapies harness the power and versatility of the human body to regenerate worn cartilage and damaged skin, accelerate healing, reactivate hair follicles, heal wounds and alleviate pain.

Many people have heard of the usefulness of stem cell therapy, but there’s so much more to Regenerative Medicine than just solely stem cells, whose outcome is greatly dependent on the age of the patient that they are being harvested from, understanding that your stem cells are as old as you are.

At birth you are going to have all the stem cells you will ever have. 90% of these will be used up to grow you to maturity. The remaining 10% are left for repair for the rest of your life. This is why the most effective stem cell therapy utilizes umbilical cord tissue which is donated at a scheduled C-section birth.

Extracting stem cells from fat tissue or bone marrow from the patient is not only invasive and painful, but also only a few old stem cells can be obtained giving limited results. The umbilical cord tissue that is donated comes from carefully screened mothers. This tissue is also hypo immunogenic which means there is minimal risk of an allergic reaction for the recipient.

Potential treatment areas include: chronic neck and back pain, cartilage damage, degenerated joints, knee injuries, ligament tears, meniscus damage, muscle tears, nerve injury, rotator cuff injury and tendon tears.

Typical success rates would be as follows:

Hip arthritis: 80%
Plantar fasciitis: 90-95%
Arthritis of the knee: 85-90%
Chronic shoulder injuries: 80-85%
Chronic neck and low back pain: 75-80%
Carpal tunnel syndrome: 80%
Chronic epicondylitis (tennis and golfer’s elbow): 90%
Neuropathy of the arms or legs: 75%

Drugs can relieve pain but don’t stop the degeneration. In fact, anti-inflammatories, especially steroids like cortisone, destroy cartilage, bone, ligaments and tendons over time which ultimately increases the need for a joint replacement which has only a 50% success rate. This is why cortisone injections should only be done 3 times in a lifetime.

Regenerative medicine is a form of tissue engineering and molecular biology which deals with the process of replacing or regenerating human cells, tissues or organs to restore or establish normal function. When injured or invaded by disease our bodies have the innate response to heal and defend.

Harnessing and enhancing the body’s own regenerative powers is a medical practice at the frontier of present-day advancements whose properties may seem miraculous to those who benefit from them. The miracle, however, is a result of scientific exploration that has begun to unlock and utilize the body’s extraordinary ability to heal and restore itself.

 

Ready to Experience the Miracle of Regenerative Medicine?

Request an appointment below!

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.